J.T. has worked as a radio announcer and program director for more than 30 years in markets across the country including Washington DC, Pittsburgh, Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Nashville, Birmingham, Phoenix, and Cincinnatti. J.T. has extensive experience as a voice-over actor for radio, television, commercials and narrations. Jeff has also had numerous acting roles including commercials, theater and films. Look for J.T. in the movies "Hoffa" and "Striking Distance". J.T. is married to his lovely wife Judy, and they have two children, Michael, and Alexandra. "God has truly blessed me with a great family, good friends and good health, I am very thankful". When JT is not in the studio you can find him on the golf course, planning a trip to the beach, in the woods hunting(during season), or helping Judy out with another project around the house. "My wife is addicted to HGTV, and I love helping Judy with these projects. You know what they say, if momma's happy, everybody's happy".
Most of us focus on the things that we need to fix, and don't pay enough attention to the stuff that's going well. Here are seven signs that your life is actually pretty awesome . . .
1. Food and drink are readily available. You should appreciate the fact that you can grab a bite when you're hungry. Even if it's just a snack from a vending machine, if it's easy for you to get food, be thankful. And if having your favorite morning beverage is an option . . . you're fortunate.
2. You can take hot showers with clean water. Not everybody gets to do that. If you can, appreciate it.
3. You've got bedding and walls. It's easy to take "shelter" for granted, but having walls and a roof is a big deal. And beds are a total luxury . . . just imagine life without sheets. And if you've got a thermostat to adjust, your life is going great.
4. You don't HAVE TO walk. If you have ANY transportation option besides walking, it's time to be grateful.
5. You're wearing clean clothes. Maybe you're not wearing the trendiest designer stuff . . . but if you have clean options to choose from, then life is good.
Your metabolism doesn't automatically slow down when the weather gets colder, but YOU DO . . . by staying inside, overeating, and stressing. So here are five ways to boost your metabolism this holiday season . . .
1. Exercise. Any exercise is great, but getting outside and away from the food, stress, and people is even better. If it's cold out, it'll make you move faster. And if you get moving AFTER you eat, you'll raise your metabolism and lower your blood pressure.
2. Eat stuff that's in season. Experts claim that eating foods that are in season increases your metabolism. Right now, that's stuff like pumpkins, cabbage, and squash.
3. Eat spices. Supposedly, cinnamon, garlic and cayenne pepper raise your metabolic rate.
4. Try not to overeat. You should wait 15 minutes after you eat before you get a second helping or go for dessert. You may realize you're not actually hungry. And try to take it easy on comfort foods, like gravy, stuffing, and pie.
5. Don't beat yourself up. Stress causes your metabolism to slow down, so give yourself a break. Some people gain between five and eight pounds between November and January. But when the weather warms up, they drop it.
A Harlem Globetrotter named Bull Bullard dunked during a game in Honduras the other day. And apparently they didn't have the hoop secured properly, because the entire thing tipped over and appeared to land on his HEAD.
Luckily, he was okay. But he did end up with a pretty serious cut above his left eye.
British guy screaming then breaking down in TEARS when he finds out his son managed to get a C in math. The kid had always failed it. And his dad was worried he'd never be able to get a decent job.
Someone who was watching the Bulls-Pacers preseason game on Saturday noticed a cameraman struggling to walk . . . because his right FOOT fell asleep. And the 14-second video of him stumbling around is hilarious.
October is National Pizza Month. And to celebrate it, a magician named Stuart Edge decided to order a bunch of pizzas and give the delivery guys some REALLY good tips. First, he acts like he's giving them five one-dollar bills. But then he magically turns them all into TWENTIES and gives each of them a hundred bucks.