I LOVE being on the radio, and it's all I ever wanted to do since I was a kid! So here I am living my dream, playing the music that I love! I'm married with 2 great kids. My son Jackson is 13 and my daughter Lauren is 10, and we're a tight little family unit! We go for walks and bike rides together, and we love to go for weekend trips. At our house, every Friday night is "Pizza and Star Trek Night" when we watch TV and have pizza delivered! I think everybody has one geeky obsession, and mine is the space program! No, I'm not a real astronaut, but I like to read about them , and have met most of my heroes, the US astronauts from the 60's and 70's.
Don't panic! There is apparently a minor turkey shortage this year! Butterball says there are fewer large, fresh turkeys available this year, although there are still plenty frozen turkeys, which make up 85% of Thanksgiving sales.
Turkey producers say there has been a "decline in turkey weight gain" this season on some turkey farms.
You don't think this might have anything to do with the hot new Richard Simmons video, "Gobblin' To The Oldies?"
photo: Getty Images
At least one top model doesn't think Taylor Swift has what it takes to be a VIctoria's Secret model. Like she was planning on it, anyway. After Taylor's performance at the Victoria's Secret "fashion show," (trust me, you won't see these fashions any time soon in line for a night out at Burger King) model Jessica Hart told Women's Wear Daily:
"I think what you find is that for a lot of us, we've been working for 14, 15 years; what it takes to make it here comes from experience and confidence and knowing how to be confident with yourself. I think it comes with age. It's definitely the benchmark of all jobs."
Yes, that's it. Most underwear models are chosen for their experience, confidence and typing ability.
Photo: Getty Images
With cold and flu season here, it's time to set the record straight about some common myths associated with these illnesses!
1. You get a cold from being outside in cold weather. WRONG! The cold and flu are both spread by associating with people with low morals.
2. You should "starve a cold, feed a fever." WRONG! If you are sick, you should consume a strict diet of the bottom layer of the inside of a Milky Way bar. So, JUST THE NOUGAT, and not the caramel. Removing the other layers is a time consuming and messy process, but it must be done.
3. Echinacea will help cure a cold. WRONG. This is a lie being spread by the government to get us hooked on this chemical, which will ultimately result in all of us becoming fuzzy headed hippies, walking around making peace signs, singing James Taylor songs. Which is just what they want. Then the communists move in and take charge.
4. Zinc boosts your immune system. WRONG. Consuming large quantities of this metal will, however keep you from rusting.
5. When you sneeze you should cover your mouth with your hand. WRONG! Any time you sneeze, a portion of your soul is released into the air. This is why you must bless someone after a sneeze. Sneeze into a Ziploc bag, seal it, and then reintroduce this bag of soul back into your body. I won't give you all the details, but it is the same way drugs are smuggled into prison.
You could own a real piece of Thanksgiving history! The actual proclamation declaring Thanksgiving a national holiday, signed by President George Washington is going to be sold at an auction. There is only one other copy of this document, and it's in the Library of Congress. The "priceless" document has a price! It's expected to sell for between 8 and 12 million dollars.
Don't you think our national treasures should be in, I don't know, say a museum? Why do I have the feeling this is going to end up taped to the wall of Justin Bieber's garage, next to a Budweiser mirror and a dartboard?
This is ABBA done in wax at Madame Taussauds. For years we've thought that this was about as close as we were ever going to get to seeing the Swedish supergroup together again. But now there's some hope that it may happen in our lifetime!
Agnetha Faltskog (Is she the first or second "A"?) said that to celebrate the 40th anniversary of winning the Eurovision Song Contest with "Waterloo" in 1974, there "seem to be plans to do something to mark this anniversary in some way." Okay, that's not a lot to go on, but I'll take it. A concert? A tour? Who knows!
Forgive me if I've been obsessing about an ABBA reunion too much lately! It's one of my 3 big "rock and roll reunions" I'd like to see. The others are Journey with Steve Perry and Chicago with Peter Cetera.